We are seeking highly motivated candidates for a fully supported postdoctoral fellowship to develop and apply bioinformatics approaches for analyzing the genetic variations associated with human diseases.
• Develop the machine learning tools for mutation and protein analysis.
• Apply bioinformatics methods to analyze the disease-causing mutations.
• Perform the molecular biology experiments to validate the biological impacts of mutations in Drosophila model.
• Conduct statistical analysis and data interpretation responsibilities as needed.
• Contribute to manuscripts resulting from research projects.
• Present work at group meetings and conferences.
Successful applicants will have:
• PhD or equivalent degree in Bioinformatics, Genetics, Computer Science, Biostatistics or any relevant area.
• A strong computational background, proficiency in at least one of the programming languages including Perl, R, Java and Python.
• Experience with machine learning/deep learning and web/database development.
• Ability to work independently and perform research projects with minimal supervision.
Preferred qualifications included:
• A strong publication record.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience with the genetic experiments in transgenic Drosophila melanogaster (staining, imaging, electrophysiology, behavior, bioassays, RT-PCR etc.).
• Experience with the computational biophysics (structure modeling, energy calculation etc.).
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter to Dr. Teng (email@example.com).